Lajamanu Ablution Block
Pat Hill (Project Manager, Construction)
Riley Sullivan (Construction)
In delivery of this project, Katherine Constructions had full responsibility for successful completion of the following:
- Supply project control plan
- Supply and implement Work Health Safety and environmental plans
- Engagement and co-ordination of trades including plumbing, electrical, concreting, tiling, painting
- Administration, milestone and project completion reporting.
- Site mobilisation and demobilisation
- Establish and secure site in accordance with Work Health Safety plans
- Set-out site
- Undertake, supervise and co-ordinate concrete, concrete block and steel construction
- Ensure all work is compliant (including People With Disability toilet and shower) with 1-2009 Design for access and mobility, general requirements for access – new building works
- Liaise with stakeholders throughout construction, implementing changes and resolving issues as they arise
- Maintaining communication and consultation with subcontractors and suppliers; and
- Reinstate site to original and required condition.
|Addressed and Successfully Overcome
|There were major design changes after the contract was awarded – Healthy Schools Funding required design changes around hygiene and plumbing (specifically water pressure and tapware)
|Changes to plans and costs of additional sub-contractors were agreed to in consultation with DIPL.
There was on-going communication to ensure that all requirements were met under the Healthy Schools Funding program
|Time extensions due to additional works in a remote area
|Staff were continually rotated to ensure that they were not away from home for extended periods of time.
|Construction of all services needed to be removed from the threat of vandalism
|Ducts were installed to keep plumbing fixtures away from any threat of vandalism